Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SUNDAY

See what happens when I don't post in a long time. You get an overload of information! Especially now that I feel so bad that I never journal - so, this is as close as I get. Anyway, Sunday was a CRAZY day! First off, it was my first Sunday teaching in the Relief Society. (I got the calling 3 weeks ago to be the 2nd Sunday teacher.) And since I am TERRIFIED of speaking in front of people - it was an adventure. It actually went well. I'm sure it was far from great, but I didn't pass out, so it was a success in my books! It was on doing everything we are commanded to do & preparing yourself to be worthy for an invitation to the wedding feast (Matthew 22:2-14). Here's the handouts I made (Thanks for the idea mom - I passed them out as they came in.):
**Sorry they're all flipped. I can't figure out why. They're not like this on my computer.**


**This one is a magnet.**

After church it started to rain. And I mean it poured for over an hour! It was insane!! The girls had to play in it, of course & the little retention areas around our home were flooded pretty quick. Here's some pics of the girls playing in them:

7 comments:

Em said...

Very cute handouts! You're ambitious!

Shelley said...

You made a handout like that for everyone??? WOW! Those are really cute. And I'm sure your lesson was amazing!

Ben and Maggie said...

Great lesson, don't know why you were so nervous!

Heather said...

I am sure you did wonderful even though I can relate to the terrified part. I hate any kind of public speaking!

Anonymous said...

they're never gonna release you if you make stuff like that! how cute!

Heidi said...

those r so cute.. i wouldn't want to be one of the other teachers because i would not wanna compete with that :) u r way 2 good!

RUBY said...

mel you are so dang talented...you are a light and example to me!
seriously you ridiculously fabulous!!!
xox ruby