Saturday, August 22, 2009

FIRSTS

This post is late in so many ways!! And contains two very non-related topics, but here it is....

Last weekend was the first time I was able to meet my newest nephew! Little Memphis D Hallows was born on July 29th weighing in at 8 lbs 5 oz. Congrats to Rennie - oh & Luke :) - on the newest addition to their darling family!
I was waiting on pins & needles for this little guy to show up. And he was just as cute as expected. As his mom would say, "He's a little Dude!" And he is! Here's a pic of Kylie holding him...
As stated above his name is Memphis. I've told his mom for months that his middle name needs to be Raines. But, she didn't go for it. I, however, will still be calling him Memphis Raines! :) (It's the name of Nicholas Cage's character in Gone in Sixty Seconds & is one of my favorite movies!)
----------------------
We had another first just a few days later. For the first time EVER I allowed my girls to make cookies all by themselves. Sure, it was no bake cookies, but still a test of my patience since I'm a control freak. I really did nothing but stand in the background & make sure they were measuring correctly & not burning themselves on the stove top.
Here's the final product...
They did so well!! They were just divine & didn't last long! My girls are obsessed with cooking lately (thanks to the Food Network shows we watch). They're always wanting to cook & I figured this would be something easy to start with. We'll see what they can graduate to later on. For now, this was great!

4 comments:

Em said...

I've been letting Marinne do more to help with dinner or make dessert and she loves it. I like the extra help too!

Becca said...

MMM... looks good! Send some my way!

renhallows said...

I am so proud of you mel. NOW...where are mine? and youre right about that little dude at the top...he is a doll face. If I don't say so myself.

Anonymous said...

They did a good job! I woke up one morning to Miriam flipping pancakes! I was not quite prepared for that, but hey...now she can make breakfast and I can stay in bed!