Tuesday, March 16, 2010

REALLY?!?!

The past 2 months have been RIDICULOUS!!! I'm just now starting to come out of a major stupor. I have been locked in my own little world of stress & I'm ready to let it go. Here's a little catch up of what's been happening in my life.....

(Believe me, it's better to shorten it this way, otherwise this would be a mile long post & who wants to read that!!)

1 - I received a new calling after Christmas that has taken some of my time. In fact, it feels like a full time job. I was called to be the RS Pres & I'm still in some shock over it. I have learned quickly the importance of great counselors!! I am beyond blessed with the counselors I have! I'm not sure I'd still be standing without them.

2 - I have been working for Erik quite a bit the past month. Which is GREAT since the extra $$ is always needed, but just hard with everything else going on.

3 - I am in charge of the girls' school yearbook. I'm on their FPAC (equivelant of a PTO) & my committee was the yearbook. I thought - Erik does these that would be fun. He warned me that it was a lot of work, but I thought I could handle it, of course. I'm sure Erik's enjoying the thought of "I told you so!" He's smart enough, however, not to say it! Needless to say, it was A LOT of work & has been a full time job for over 2 months. Not to mention all of the other hours spent taking pics at the school, etc. I am proud to say that it is done & shipped out!!!! That's a huge relief for me. I'm sure there will be many that will not be happy with it - geez, I'm not 100% happy with it. But, if someone doesn't like it they are more than happy to take on this task next year if they so please!! ;)

4 - Erik's mom is in the hospital. She was taken to the emergency room a couple of weeks ago for an infection. At first, it looked like an allergic reaction to a bug bit was on her face. As her face was swelling quite badly. Apparently, it was much more than that. That first weekend we spent in utter limbo as the doctor's explained she probably won't make it. She has a very week immune system due to a kidney transplant & her body was not fighting the infection at all. Finally, they figured out exactly what the infection was, switched her antibiotics accordingly & she started to respond. It has effected her whole body, but has pulled through. She is now in a rehab home to regain her strength & it's a day to day process. We're not sure how long she'll be in their. She had a lot of pressure from the infection on her left eye & has more than likely lost the sight out of that eye, so I'm sure that will take some getting used to as well. We're beyond happy that's she's ok & hope she has a speedy recovery!!

Needless to say it has been crazy busy - which is life. Now Pageant has started which adds another element of busy to our lives. At least that one is an enjoyable busy! So, I'm sure I'll post stories of that because it's been a whole year since you've had to listen to my Pageant stories & I know you're all dying for some more! ;)

4 comments:

Lauren and Brian Davis said...

Thanks for the update Mel! WOW wow wow ... lot's going on for you. Stay sane ... somehow :)

I'm jealous that you are in pageant yet again. It's been 6 years since I've been in it ... prior to that I was in it for 16 years. You know we miss it.

Love you ... say hi to your fam.

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness! How do you stay sane and do it ALL? Oh wait, i know how, your a mom and it's in the instruction manual, it's just never been printed since they can't keep up with all the revisions....... Thanks for all you do, you are truly wonderful. Hugs

kris said...

I don't know how you do it but you do it really well!!
I'm sure the yearbook is going to be awesome!!!

valerie said...

Just now, blogger was unable to process my request so I will say it again.....
Relief Society President?!...I don't think people with young kids should have to do that calling. But of course you will be GREAT at it :)