Wednesday, May 26, 2010

BITTER SWEET

May 25th is a bitter sweet day for me. Let's start with the bitter because who doesn't like getting the yucky part over with first.

May 25th is my brother MICHAELS birthday. He would have been 40 years old. Quite a milestone. I can't believe 40 - that's just nuts! I paid a visit to him & took a pic for my mom who couldn't come with me..

I brought the orange flowers, but the yellow ones were already their. It's nice to know that others remember him & care. That others remember the goodness of him is very comforting to me. He is deeply loved & missed!

Now for the sweet! Yesterday was our 14th wedding anniversary! HOLY COW!! 14 years! If I didn't feel old already - that will do it. We've gone from this...

To this...

So what if we're a little bit older & bigger! Overall - we're happy! I love Erik dearly & he is a wonderful man. After all of the hard times we've been through I feel like we can make it through anything. And the good times are just the icing on the cake!

2 comments:

Em said...

Congrats on your anniversary! We are getting old!

kris said...

Congratulations!