Thursday, July 22, 2010

CAMPING

On Thursday the 27th of May the girls got out of school for the summer! The next day, Friday, was Jadyn's party with her friends. Then, as we cleared out our house of her friends we left to go camping with the Linford's! Erik was beyond excited to go camping again. The girls were, too. I was a little apprehensive since the last time we went, in September, I froze to death. But, it should be warmer now, right? It was & we had a blast!

Erik brought his grate to cook his bratwurst & canned chili over the fire. I know - disgusting, but whatever! He was a happy man. The girls dug a little cave with Carson & Jace. Even though the boys had it already carved out from their father-n-son's outing the week before in the same spot. My girls thought they were cool though & they were pretty dirty. Much to my dismay!

We had fun listening to Darrin tell cop stories & the kids had fun playing catch & "baseball" Saturday morning. Kylie even showed off her mad camera skills when I found some pretty decent pictures of the kids in our tent that I didn't know about. Apparently, she even knows how to use the timer on my camera. Huh - who knew?

We even had some choice neighbors that decided to blare country music from their cars in the wee hours of the night for hours & talk REALLY loud. Erik, Chad & Darrin had a lot of fun setting off their car horns for a LONG time - over & over - to make them made in the morning. I was waiting for them to come attack us, but they really did deserve it!

Thanks again Chad & Shelley for inviting us to tag along! We had a lot of fun!!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Awww.. you got some cute pictures :) We had a blast and were glad you guys could come! Lets go again :)