Monday, October 13, 2008

TOMATOES

What would you do if you all of a sudden inherited 3 cases of tomatoes? As for me, I've been making salse & canning away! Mimi called me on Friday & said they had cases of tomatoes & to come get some if I wanted some. So, you know I did! I got 3 cases & out of those 3 cases I ended up with a little over 2 that were good enough to use. This is how much it made....

8 quart jars
24 pint jars
3 frozen quart bags of puree
& 1 1st degree burn on my middle finger YIPEE!!

Not too shabby for $21. I spent roughly $5 on some other ingredients & $16 on some more jars. After some hours on Saturday & many hours today - I'm happy to say I'm done!!! I'm beyond tired from standing on my feet for most of the day. But, hey - I now have a year supply of salsa on hand - WOOHOO!! Livin La Vida Loca!!

4 comments:

M.M.M. said...

You've heard of him? I never have! Yes my brother in law knows him (Don's sister is married to said brother in law) -his dad was the former mayor of Phoenix, so I guess they were in the circle of some famous people...his uncle is Buzz Aldron, as in Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldron, first men on the moon.

M.M.M. said...

P.S. I posted a better picture for you.

M.M.M. said...

And P.P.S love the spooky music (picture the word "spooky" looking very spookyis)

renhallows said...

Mel...I know how you feel about salsa...You have all you need for a while. Actually you just need a few bags of chips and your set. I am coming to test this salsa in a week. Can't wait