Friday, March 6, 2009

AWESOME PARENTS

Just a quick note to clarify some things. Upon talking to my mom the other week I did my usual remarks at some point in the conversation of, "thanks for that trait mom." She just said, "I know, I know." Then, I just re-read my previous post & realize I actually say that to my Dad a lot as well. I would like to publicly apologize to my wonderful parents! I only say this in my joking, loving way, but want to clarify that I in no way truly mean it. Sure, we get traits from our parents, but that's no excuse for the dumb things I do myself. I am an adult & need to act as such. (Yeah - still working on that one.) If you're not lucky enough to know my parents then, I feel bad for a you a little. They are AWESOME!!

I'm even lucky enough to have 2 mom's & 2 dad's. In fact, the other day Jadyn told me she can't wait until she can have 2 mom's & 2 dad's. At first my reaction was - "Uh, No way!!" But, as I thought about it that was a wonderful compliment that she didn't know she was giving. She just knows how wonderful my parents are & how close we are & sees it as fun. And even though she should not hold her breathe out for her wish - in a way it was sweet.

So, again, I LOVE my parents - they rock!! And they are my rocks. It's not a secret that I'm a Daddy's girl in every way. Now I am the mother of 2 Daddy's girls & I can see how that would hurt my Mom. I think of how close my girls are to Erik & think they don't love me as much. I can see my Mom feeling that way & it makes my heart ache. It's not true - just a different love. (Now, if I can only tell myself that about my girls & truly believe it.)

Just had to share & hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to catch up on what's been happening this past month with pictures even. Oh - if I could only have a minute to breathe....

1 comment:

Becca said...

I only know one set of parents and they are pretty awesome!!