Wednesday, October 17, 2007

TWILIGHT

Who says the universe can't be altered? Today I did the unthinkable....

For those of you who know me know that I don't read. Infact, as much as it pains some of you to hear, let's say I may even loathe to read. I think I've read maybe 2 books in the past 15 years. But, after being told numerous times to read "Twilight" I finally gave in.

Now, I've also been told to read the Harry Potter books tons of times, but haven't given in. There's already movies made of those. Why spend weeks reading when you can finish a movie in 2 1/2 hours? I know books have a lot more detail, but to me, that just doesn't make sense.

Well, I actually read "Twilight". Yes, I read it all the way through. Let me just say that I was obsessed with it, in fact. I started it on Sunday & finished it today (Wednesday). That's an amazing feet for me. 500 pages in 4 days. Well, I absolutely LOVED it!! So much so, that I was at Target today & noticed the next 2 books in the series were on sale & had to buy them. So, book 2 begins tomorrow! If you haven't read these - even if you don't like to read ("A") - you just HAVE TO!!! They're wonderful.

Those of you that have read it - let's just have a moment of silence for Edward & you can't tell me you wouldn't love to have him run his nose across your cheek bone!!! You know you love it...

Here's more fun info: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight.html

In fact, one of you (& I won't say who in the event of mobbing by others) even has the ability to get me a cool present...an autographed book of "Twilight". heehee Don't forget at your next family outing!

5 comments:

renhallows said...

OH...I am so happy for you. Isn't reading fun? (; I think it takes you away into a different world, even if for a short while. Can't wait to read these. Put me on your check out list.

Anonymous said...

wanna let me borrow them when you're done? i dont mind reading...but i dont know about fiction stuff...but i heard these books great. heck all my beehives have read them!

Lydia said...

I heard from a girl I sat by when I flew to Utah and home with, how good those books are. I guess I'm going to have to go buy them. I love to read so I don't mind at all. I've been reading the Prelude To Glory series. They're pretty good but it takes a lot of time to read them. They're pretty thick and I think there is about ten of them. I'm on number 4.

Gracie J said...

I'm kind of bugged that the author is Mormon and those books are about vampires (even though they aren't like the Lestat variety). The "Harry Potter" books are SOOOO much better than the movies. I finished all seven books in about a month. I am impressed that you've read something, however. I'd rather read than do almost anything else.

Patti Price said...

Hi Melanie,

It is Patti Fenter from Elliot ward! I was blog hopping from Heather's blog and found you and EmmaLee! You have a beautiful family!