Sunday, August 10, 2008

BEGINNINGS

Here's another one of my long week-in-review- posts. This is what we've been up to. School started this week. Here's Kylie on her first day of 3rd grade! (This was the best picture I could get out of her. She usually loves to pose for pictures, but we were a little too excited this morning.)

Jadyn started Kindergarten. I can't believe she's that old! Just crazy!
Here she is lining up to say the Pledge of Allegiance before they walk into their classroom.
When I picked Jadyn up from school she came to me & said,"Mom! This is going to be so cool!" She's so funny & just as dramatic as her sister.

**Erik & I were able to finally get our living room project completed with the girls at school. Check out my vinyl site link on the right for pictures of that.**

With the beginning of school also comes the beginning of a new dance year! Make sure you check out our dance studio blog & be sure to sign up your kids! We have some new classes & are excited to be in our new building! Here's the link:

DANCE DEFINED

Then, there's the beginning of the Olympics this week on 8-8-08. Erik's been waiting weeks for this to start & he's been watching it all weekend. (The Olympics take over our lives at our house.) We love them. The opening ceremony was truly unbelieveable! As a dance teacher I was amazed at how in sync everyone was all the time. I can't get a group of 5 girls to be together, but they can get thousands in unison. Absolutely amazing!! It was just breathtaking what they did. Here's my favorite picture of the night...
One of our favorite things about the Oympics is the stories they tell of the athletes. I love to hear how they came to be at the top & what they had to overcome to get their. It's always inspiring. Well, this was no disappointment. In case you somehow missed this moment - here's the story..

This little boy standing next to Yao Ming is a 9 year old survivor of the recent earthquakes in China. 2/3rds of the kids in his school were killed in the quake. After pulling himself out of the rubble - this little boy risked his life to go back into the rubble & save another student. Then, went back in to save another one. He was asked why he risked his own life to save the other children. He simply said, "I had to. I'm the hall monitor." How can you not love that? What an adorable little guy. Not to mention how just too cute this picture is. The shortest person on the athlete field with the tallest person on the athlete field.

Lastly, I topped the week off with a night out with some friends in my ward discussing the good old "Twilight" series. Even though we talked about A LOT of other things - it was a blast. Thanks ladies for a fun night! We'll have to do it again soon.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Melanie, Your girls are so cute and so big. How does the time go by so quickly??

I love that you guys opened a studio. I will put your link on my blog, but is it you and EmmaLee that are the owners?

ME said...

Yes Amy - It's EmmaLee & I. In fact, the girl in the black dress in the heading of the dance blog is EmmaLee's baby sister. Talk about time flying - she just graduated! Thanks for adding our link!

Heather said...

Your girls are growing up! They are so cute! I just got the "Twilight series" to read. I'm not much of a reader but you've convinced me to give it a try!:) Well you and everyone else that is talking about them.:)