Saturday, August 30, 2008

HAIR

This past week has been a hair changing extravaganza at our house. We're trading hair cuts for dance lessons with a lady in my ward, so all 3 of us girls went in for some much needed hair remodeling! The girls were dead set on the idea of getting bangs. Which - I was not happy about. Just the maintenance & the hair constantly on your face, etc, etc.... is not my cup of tea. I despise bangs, but I let them choose what they wanted. They turned out cute, but I just have a weird fetish I guess you could say with bangs.

So, here's the pictures. Please keep in mind that they look A LOT better in person. You would think that since my husband is a photographer I'd have awesome pictures of my kids. Quite on the contrary. Since he takes them all day long - he doesn't like to take pictures any other time. I end up taking the pictures & I'm horrible at it. I cannot for the life of me get a decent picture of Kylie lately. Oh well - at least you get the idea.

Kylie's hair...

Jadyn's hair...

Now, as for me, I've never done anything drastic with my hair. Even when I do go in for a hair cut I always end up looking the same.

I am just hair/fashion challenged in every way! I always want a change, but never go for it.

I've never had my hair colored - only highlights.

I've had my hair cut to my shoulders twice in my whole life.

This time I didn't even tell her what to do. I told her to do whatever she wanted. After all, it's just hair - it'll grow back right?

Now, here's my hair...
I like it a lot. It's just strange to see it on me.

11 comments:

allyson said...

Love the new look! A little change now and then is good.

Allyson

Anonymous said...

Love the new look! A little change now and then is good.

allison

valerie said...

I LOVE IT!!! I'm proud of you for being brave!

Valerie

Anonymous said...

SUPER CUTE! It looks great on you!

renhallows said...

doesn't it feel freeing? I love getting my hair cut..until I have to do it!
LOOKs Gar-geous!

Nay said...

That's a great cut on you! Way to be brave. The girls are darling, too.

wynne said...

It's really cute! I love it when you brush it for the first time, and you pull the brush through and keep pulling--but your hair is gone? (I usually end up throwing the brush across the room--accidentally.)

I'm with you on the bangs...hate em. But not on your girls!

Amy said...

Melanie! You look awesome! What a cute hair style! I think you are H-O-T!!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute! I love it. It's perfect on you!

Lydia said...

VEry cute Melanie! I love it. Your girls are darling. So sad abot Stephanie Meyers book.

Heather said...

I LOVE the new haircut on you! It looks really good!